Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Like Father, Like Daughter

I have been guilty of the odd April fool's prank or two in my time. I used to have lots of fun making use of fax machines in the olden days. Anyhow, it appears my 10 year old daughter has that bug too. And her target was me.

This morning I woke up to find that all of the coffee in the house was gone. As I don't like to risk a shortage we have a massive surplus. This was not good news. My daughter heard my distress was nearby. She suggested glumly that maybe coffee was the latest in the removal of all harmful food substances. This was not going to be pretty.

Anyhow, it became obvious quickly that she was the cause of this. So I retaliated with emotional swings and roundabouts that led to threats to destroy a computer and lots of hugs.

What was impressive was the trouble she went to. It was in the works for weeks and she woke herself up at 4am this morning in order to clear the house of coffee. Now that is commitment.

That said, I am in masses of trouble for years to come. Those who have suffered at my hands will be jumping, I'm sure, with lots of joy.