Saturday, September 6, 2008

Father's Day (Australia)


Today is Father's Day in Australia. I had written up a piece for an Australian newspaper on this but I think it might have missed out. Anyhow, here it is. The basic message was not to buy things for Father's Day (you know, like my book) and to make them.

That is what my kids did. Child No.1 painted me a picture which you can see to the left. It is of an iPhone with a special message.

Child No.2 wrote me one of his stories. This one is called the "Evil Pirate." It is made with pictures (which he took using Mt Potato Head) which he uploaded and then edited with Pages to write the story. Here is a link to the pdf. I think it is one of his best (if I do say so myself).

Child No.3 baked me some chocolate chip cookies. I am told that is has a special secret ingredient which I am told will taste much better if I "do not know what it is." And they are good. Perhaps she can sell the recipe if they pass standard health tests on food products.